Friday, July 1, 2011

I Need Motivation

Wow! It's really cool that some of you want to Sew-Along with me. A few of you mentioned the pace. Don't worry if you can't keep up with a project a week. I know that's ambitious. I'm going to try and set that pace for myself and you can join along whenever you want. I'm definitely going to be making the projects out of order so I'll announce the project for the week ahead of time. When I show you the finished product and give you my tips on the pattern I'll host a linky party where you can show your finished projects for that week. So watch out for that. I'll be starting up soon.

IMG_5572

Otherwise I finished piecing the Quatrefoil Quilt Top. Thanks to everyone who chimed in on how to piece this one. I followed the majority here and went without the internal sashing. This top isn't perfect. Since the blocks were made for me by members of the Red & Aqua 2 Quilting Bee there were a few inconsistencies from block to block so some of my points don't match up because there wasn't enough seam allowance...

IMG_5573

...And some of the squares in the corners are bigger than others...

IMG_5575
(This is one of my favorite blocks. I just love the Jay McCarroll Tomatoes!)

...But I don't care at all. I think all of those little things will disappear when I quilt it and wash it up and if they don't who cares? I don't think they're that noticeable unless you're up close and really inspecting it. Plus they add charm.

IMG_5574

I really struggled before adding the Eiffel Tower block. I am in love with it. Someone added the Eiffel Tower fabric from her stash and it's a favorite of mine but I don't have any in my stash. I did consider turning this into a pillow and keeping it for myself but in the end it made it into the quilt. I added a Kona White border around the center to add some size to the quilt overall. Now it's hanging from the pot rack in my kitchen until I can get up the energy to piece the back and baste it. For some reason I just can't seem to muster up the enthusiasm to go there yet. I think it's because basting and quilting are my least favorite parts of the process. Yes, I will admit it. But I'm up against a deadline so I need to make some major headway this weekend. Wish me luck!

6 comments:

  1. basting is definitely my least favorite part. I get so sore :(

    It looks beautiful though! I am glad you didn't sash it because all the blocks look so great together side by side.

    ReplyDelete
  2. While I don't mind quilting I truly hate basting! Hopefully you'll start feeling motivated soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful!!!! Boo to basting I put it off for weeks and give myself a fabric reward for finishing it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. See, I'm exactly the opposite - wen I get that close to the end, I get excited and want to get it done!!

    ReplyDelete