I haven't stopped sewing, and I won't. And that bee block WILL get finished... THIS WEEKEND (I swear). The husband is going away today on a business trip (to Las Vegas no less) so I am planning to create. And catch up on responding to blog comments. I really have no excuse. It's just all melded into one blob of... yep, sewing ennui. And to top it off I actually have deadlines on several projects because next week I'm leaving for a whole month. (I forgot to mention that perviously, didn't I? Chalk it up.) So to try to get motivated I'm going to make a To Do List (if you don't mind).
To Do Before Traveling:
1) Get this one quilted. I ended up going with an unpopular layout (which I'll reveal later) but now I'm trying to figure out how to quilt it. I am keeping it simple and I'm actually using the same shot cotton for the back, then binding it in an orange shot cotton. I'm planning to straight-line quilt on the diagonal. Question is: orange or teal thread? The orange is 100% cotton (which is what I prefer) and the teal is cotton covered polyester (I don't usually use poly or poly blends but this color only came in that option.) What do you think?
2) Re-cover Andrew's foot stool and make coordinating pillows.
3) Finish the changing tables for my sister-in-law and Megahn.
4) Pay... It... Forward... (More on this one later too. Ugh!)
5) Pillow Talk Swap - I have had quite the unresponsive partner this round so it's been a tough one. I definitely know the design but I'm confused on my fabric choices for my partner. I'm just going to have to dive in and hope.
6) Another diaper bag commission.
7) Bee Blocks
And those are only the things I need to finish before I start my trips. There are more things on my list, but they can wait. So how do you deal with the sewing ennui? I'd love to know, because I need motivation.
Oh... and one last thing, totally off topic... Since I try and respond to all comments (even if I'm a little late like I am now) I've adopted a new policy when I get "No Reply" comments. I don't want to leave you hanging, so I've started replying to all "No Reply" commenters directly in the comment feed. So if you don't hear back from me directly, make sure you check the comment feed because I've probably responded to you there.