Monday, February 13, 2012

We Are The Champions!

I'm back and I am officially finished with my job! It's a happy day in our house. We flew into Denver in the middle of the storm last week, but we made it on time and our family was able to bring home a victory. The main reason we were in Denver was to participate in our family Olympics. We've been going head-to-head with another family, that we've known my entire life, for 9 years now in an (almost) annual fight for the Gold (Silver and Bronze). Yes, we have an opening an closing ceremonies and yes we have medals. And I am pleased to announce that we brought home the ultimate trophy this year despite competing on the other family's home turf. Then, Marc and I got a few days on the mountain (I ski, he snowboards) before we headed back home.


To top it off I was able to get some sewing done on the trip. I've been working on a could special, secret projects. Unfortunately I can't reveal too much yet. But I anticipate that very, very soon I'll be able to share at least one of them with all of you.

Cross Stitching

Now that I am officially a free woman I have big plans with my sewing machine. In fact, if you live in the Los Angeles area (or will be here for whatever reason) I'm starting to offer sewing lessons. I'll customize the lessons according to your needs. I offer them in my home or yours, using my machines or yours, quilting, garment construction, how to use your machine, you name it. It's something I've been threatening to do for a long time and now I'm going to try it out and see how it goes. And I'm thinking about opening an Etsy shop. Wish me luck! Regardless, I'll be spending a lot more time around here and I can't wait!

6 comments:

  1. what fun! I hope the lessons go well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hee hee, congrats on your win (I'm having visions of Cheaper By The Dozen 2 here) and good luck with your new ventures in sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous news, Hollie! Here's wishing you good luck in your new endeavor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's great! Good for you!! Cristina

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd love to hear more about how you're going to work your private sewing lessons - I'm trying to figure out how to do something similar here in my part of the world! It would be nice to have some income coming in while I'm home "playing around" quilting!

    ReplyDelete