Friday, July 29, 2011

Rainbow I Spy Block Drive

Rainbow I Spy button

You all know I run the Hope Circle at do. Good Stitches, right? In September our circle will be starting it's second year. I can hardly believe it. Well, my friend Natalie of Threaded Mess had an inspired idea for the last month of our first year. Usually our circle benefits a charity called Threading Hope but she asked for a grace this month so we could make quilts for a cause near and dear to her heart.

If you don't know Natalie, she's the founder of the NOVA Modern Quilt Guild and quarterly her guild does a premie quilt drive for the NICU at Inova Fairfax Hospital for Children in Northern Virginia. The hospital is constantly running short on preemie quilts so she asked our circle if we wouldn't mind making blocks to help her make some preemie quilts this month. Of course we all said yes. This month, with Anna Maria Horner's blessing, we're each making (at least) two Rainbow Around the Block I Spy Blocks. We're all picking out a color and making two blocks in that shade. I can't wait to venture into my stash and see what I can pull for my blocks.

But it doesn't stop with the Hope Circle - you can help out too! Natalie is organizing a Rainbow I Spy Block Drive. She's asking anyone who's interested in joining in the block drive can send her blocks in one of three rounds - August 30th, September 30th or October 30th. I'm joining in the fun and I hope you do too! Check out all the specifics on Natalie's blog and help keep a preemie warm this winter!

2 comments:

  1. thanks for the shout out Hollie!!! you're the best :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the heads up. When I saw her thread over in do. Good Stitches I wondered if she'd like extra blocks. Now I have an excuse to dive into my stash :)

    ReplyDelete