Monday, July 18, 2011

Winner, Winner Chicken Dinner For Reals

I'm back from a whirlwind in Tucson with a few announcements. First, the Quatreflowers quilt brought in $100 for the scholarship fund to help new students travel with Up with People! I was hoping it would have brought in a little more, but there really wasn't a lot of activity in the Silent Auction in general. People didn't bid very much overall and kept the bids low but at least it made something!

IMG_5759

Secondly, Mr. Random Number Generator has picked a winner in the 200th Post / Little Stitches Giveaway.

Congratulations to number 30, Sarah who said...

"Thank you for such a wonderful giveaway. I have several people in my life expecting/new moms so the book would be very handy:)"

Send me an email with your mailing address, Sarah, and I'll pop your copy of the book in the mail to you. I'll be sharing my first project, the Cutie Booties, on Thursday.

Finally, while I was gone we had this installed at our house...

IMG_5784

We're getting chickens. And I promise this isn't going to become an urban farming blog. It will remain a blog dedicated to all things crafty, I swear. I'm just so darn excited about getting chickens. We're driving up to the farm this weekend to pick up our hens! Woo Hoo! If anyone wants fresh eggs just come on over to my house!

8 comments:

  1. Hi Hollie. It seems like quilts always go low, because no one realizes how much work was put into them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool!! I'm jealous. I'm hopeful that after we have to move next year, we can have chickens.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Melissa on that quilts are very underappreciated when it comes to $. How cool to have chickens.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to Sarah!
    I wish I could bid on that quilt, I'd definitely would have paid more than 100$ for that...!

    We keep 4 hens and we love them, they're great. I'm sure you'll get a lot of fun from them

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chickens!!! That's super exciting. The quilt is beautiful even if people didn't understand what it's worth.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous quilt! And I am a little jealous of the chickens...someday I hope to have the space to have some of my own.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, we found your chicken coop pictures while searching google for coop ideas. I noticed your blog stated you "had it installed" - we really like it and are interested in recreating it. Who could we contact to get plans? We live in Wa. state. Thanks so much!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! You're a No Reply Blogger so I hope you get this message. We showed a picture of a coop we liked to a local coop builder we found on craigslist and he designed what we wanted and then built it right at our house in an afternoon. Email me if you have more questions or need more information.

      Delete