Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Marc's Quilt on the Wall

IMG_0633

Now that I have my very own design wall I am finally able to start laying out Marc's Quilt that the members of the Sewn Together Bee helped me to make. I have all the blocks, save four, and as I started to lay it all out we notched that only one person decided to make a block that laid the stripes out agains the grain of the wood material.

IMG_0634

IMG_0632

I played around with a few different layouts and Marc decided that he wanted a few more circles laid out agains the grain integrated into the quilt. I hadn't made any blocks of my own for this quilt yet because I wanted to see how it all came together first. I made two more blocks for the quilt, both with stripes against the grain to pepper into the design.

IMG_0613

Everything is now up on the wall and I'm playing around with different layouts. I am going to hold off for another week or so before I start putting it together because two stray blocks are on their way home to me but I should be able to start piecing the top together very soon. I am so excited!

3 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see the final layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!

    Hey - you won the FNSI giveaway on my blog.. send me an email with your snail mail address and I'll get the goods to you! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did we get to the end of October so fast? Send me an email with snail mail so I can send the fat quarters for Aoife's swap. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete