Saturday, October 16, 2010

Friday Night Sew-In Aftermath


I participated in my first Friday Night Sew In last night and I wish I had more to show for it. I decided to work on a messenger bag that I am making for my friend Jill, so much of last night was spent cutting and ironing on interfacing. Not one of my favorite things to do. I did get to a little bit of sewing before I realized that I was missing an entire piece of the pattern and I was too lazy to go out to the studio and look for it - and more fabric.

IMG_0622 IMG_0617

So I changed gears for a moment and started piecing together blocks for the Project Linus quilt I am making for A Dozen Quilters Bee this month. Then I headed to bed equipped with a glass of wine, a seam ripper a bee block I am currently battling. (More on that later.)

IMG_0619

I hope that next Friday Night Sew-In is more productive, but it felt so nice to have a date night with my sewing machine.

2 comments:

  1. look at all that PINK!!! I'm shocked lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the blocks!!! Progress is progress. Sometimes we don't get as much done as we planned, but you got some done and that's what matters!

    ReplyDelete