Thursday, October 13, 2011

Little Stitches Week 6 - Pattern E - Bloomers

The Little Stitches Sew-Along is finally back. Sorry for the unexpected hiatus. This week I'll me showcasing the bloomers I made for Arden to match the Easy Empire-Waist Top.

IMG_4919

I used Cloud 9 organic cotton fabric from their "My Happy Nursery" line that is so simple and cute. I mean, who doesn't like polka dots?

IMG_5643

These bloomers are super easy to make and come together very quickly. The pattern is straightforward and I don't have many tricks to report, leave one. I would recommend giving an extra 1/8 of an inch in width when you're making all the casings for the elastic (waist and legs). The dimensions in the pattern are spot on and make a super-tight housing for the elastic but there is no margin of error so it can make it difficult to feed your elastic through if you're off even a hair on the shallow side.

IMG_5635

These bloomers are so cute and they're the perfect enhancement to many other cute dresses and shirts. Keep this pattern in your baby clothes stable.

P1040196

So, what are you working on? Link up your latest projects here and show everyone what you've been making. You can share your projects in any state, from start to finish. And remember, you can also share your "Little Stitches" Sew-Along projects, questions and concerns anytime in the Undercover Crafter Sew-Along Group on Flickr. See you next week when I'll be showing you the Cheeky Monkey Laundry Bag (Pattern M) I made for Nina's baby.



1 comment:

  1. Those are adorable, I'll have to make some of those for my niece. I just started the Everything bag for myself and I'm pulling my hair out. I really wish they did a pattern layout for cutting the pieces! Hopefully I'll have a blog post soon to link up.

    ReplyDelete