Monday, October 17, 2011

A Great Weekend

I am always so sad when Monday rolls around and I have to start another work week. I had a great weekend and I didn't want it to end. On Saturday Marc and I stayed around the house all day and then we were lucky enough to meet up with a bunch of our friends at the Hollywood Bowl for the Clinton Foundation concert. It was absolutely amazing and it was streamed live on Yahoo! (and I believe they're replaying it there as well if you want to catch it). It got a little chilly when the sun went down, but I brought Marc's Quilt along with us and was able to snuggle up while Bono and the Edge played an acoustic set.

photo

Then yesterday we ended up at LACMA for the Tim Burton exhibit. I have been a huge Tim Burton fan for years so this was just so cool. He is such an imaginative genius and there were several rooms filled with his sketches, sculptures, short films and costumes from his movies. It was magical. I couldn't leave empty handed so I bought a T-shirt which I thought was appropriate in more ways than one...

IMG_6703

And I also started on my pillow for PTS6. I'm going scrappy and small. I think it's going to work. I got everything cut this weekend. Now it's time to sew. Wish me luck that it all comes together as planned.

IMG_6700

How was your weekend? Hope you had a good one too!

4 comments:

  1. I'm with you on Mondays. At least there's hope of the weekend to come! I love your new t-shirt. I think you need to make a quilt inspired from it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a crazy, good weekend! Love the t-shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oohh, the Tim Burton exhibit sounds so cool! That t-shirt is so morbidly funny. Great choice!

    ReplyDelete