Thursday, April 21, 2011

Soul Crushing Layout

Thanks for all the input on what I am now lovingly referring to as my "Soul Crushing" table runner. I don't mean it to sound as negative as it does. I think that's a reflection on where I am in my professional life at the moment. And "Soul Crushing" sounds a lot better than "Innocent Blossoms" dontcha' think? Take a look at my Innocent Blossoms... (hee, hee, hee) Sorry. I'm slap happy today, my friends. So I played around with the layout this morning before work and here's where I ended up...

IMG_4698

I really do love how these two collections play off each other. I am considering using them in a quilt for a friend of mine who is having a baby girl this Summer. I think what I have been reacting to is the overall "girliness" of these prints and wondering if it's too much for someone's dining space. But thanks to all of your support and guidance, I am going with it.

I threw a piece of the stone linen up to get an idea of how it will help balance it out.

IMG_4706

I really think the stone is helping me embrace the bold, girly prints! I like the way it softens everything just a touch. I think it will bring everything together nicely.

IMG_4707

I am sitting with this on the wall today to let it sink in. I think I may play around with the symmetry of a few of the stripes by throwing a scant few off to one side or another to play with the balance. What do you think? Is it still jiving for you?

2 comments:

  1. It's gonna look great. The extra green really makes it pop! Can't wait to see it done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it. The prints together are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete