Friday, April 29, 2011

Natalie is AWESOME!

Good morning party people! First of all I wanted to share something with all of you. My bloggy friend, Natalie of the Threaded Mess just published an amazing tutorial of her recent preemie quilt over at Fat Quarterly. Not only is the tutorial great and easy to follow, the resulting quilt is stunning. Really! Run over there and check it out! She's totally inspired me to make my next baby quilt. And if you haven't visited her blog yet, please stop by. She is so talented. Seriously, I can't wait for the day that we get into the same room. One of these days, Natalie, we'll be together sewing up a storm!

That's the happy news. In my little corner of the world I'm actually very frustrated. Remember this?

IMG_4295

Well it now looks like this...

IMG_4840

That's right. I ripped every last damn stitch out of the little bugger. But, I am determined not to let this block defeat me!!!

At first I just took out enough stitching to get it in half...

IMG_4839

It was still laying funky so I sectioned it down to quarters.

IMG_4838

No luck. Seriously, my love of dresdens is quickly waning. So now all the petals have been torn apart and I'm attempting to re-sew them this morning. The worst part is, I am seriously behind in getting this bee block back to it's rightful owner and I feel horrible about that but I want it done right. In case you're keeping score it's: Dresden Block 1, Hollie 0.

Wish me luck. I'm going back in!

But wait... there is one bright spot out there. I'm getting very, very close to hitting 100 followers! Can you believe it? My followers count here on Blogger reads 91. (My count on Google Reader is actually at 97. Can anyone explain that?) I'm going to go with the official blogger one since I don't understand the discrepancy but when I reach 100 I'll have a very special giveaway to celebrate with you. I want to thank each and every one of you who follow my little blog here. It really means a lot to me. And your comments always make me smile. I love you guys!

P.S. Some of you were asking about the yard-long cutting ruler and also my mega cutting mat I was using to cut down the Soul Crushing Table Runner. I found them both at Joann's. The cutting mat was EXPENSIVE but worth every penny. I recommend waiting until they're having a 50% off sale or coupon to buy it. That's what I did. You can find the ruler here and the cutting mat here.

5 comments:

  1. Hey, Hollie - it looks like it might behave if you just leave one out? Good luck! I'd be going nuts with it, too. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Hollie... some people don't follow in blogger they only follow in reader that is why you have more in reader :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree...seems like you might have 1 too many? I hate ripping things out, but have to do it waaay too often. Congrats on almost 100!! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Add one more follower to your list :)
    I can't tell you how much I .hate. ripping seams, and I am still cringing for you. I hope you're able to get the dresdens to lay the way you want them to!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for being so honest about this tricky block! I was starting to think I was the only one in blogdome that thought this block was rather tricky! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete