Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Stash Additions

I've been adding to my stash lately. Ugh. It's an addiction. I can't stop! A few weekends ago I had to work on a Saturday and I just happened to be driving by a Momen +, a fabric store in Torrance known for their amazing selection of Japanese fabrics, on my way home. Let me tell you, there is no better cure for the Saturday work blues than some fabric therapy. I disguised the trip as a necessary stop for some fabric for my Spicing Up The Kitchen Swap partner, but that was just an excuse to indulge in bolstering my own stash with some Echino loveliness. I mean, come on! How could I resist?

IMG_4240

Then, this past weekend I made a trip over to Sew Modern with my friend Caroline and her daughter, Mayah. Care and her husband are expecting their third child this Summer so we did a little shopping for some yummy fabrics for the baby. I'm planning to make some clothing for her and some burp cloths. And once they get the crib we're going to make another trip back to pick out some fabric for the crib skirt.

IMG_4247

I also picked out some fabrics for the projects I have in mind for my Make Mine Modern partner. I am going for a romantic theme for her and I think these work together nicely.

IMG_4288

Lastly, I couldn't resist picking up some fabrics for my International Kitchen Swap partner's project. I decided to go with some Kona Ash solid and red and aqua accent fabrics. I've got some big ideas for both swaps.

IMG_4270

Of course, I bought a little extra of each of the fabrics to augment my own stash. I'm a bad, bad girl.

6 comments:

  1. heehee, that's the problem I've found with swaps too. I get something for "my partner" and then I have to get something for me too! All these fabrics are beautiful. I really love your selections for your MMM partner. I hope it's me!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooo I love the red and aqua's!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all of your purchases. I see some of my own favorites there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh, a girl after my own heart. You're in good company.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The romantic theme fabric, is it from a specific line, WOW - it's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete