Friday, June 11, 2010

Dan & Sara's Quilt Top is Done


I finished the quilt top for Dan and Sara's baby quilt. I decided to be a little "wonky" with the strips and set them off slightly asymmetrically. I am kind of digging the way it came out. I ended up adding more rows than I had initially laid out because it was looking a little on the short side as it was coming together. The only problem was that the piece I had for the backing now is on the short side. But I have a solution! I took a few strips of one of the polka dot fabrics and created three strips on the backing to extend out the fabric to the proper length (and give it some character).

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous quilt. I love this! I saw someone at my quilt store attempt this stacked loveliness with Hope Valley!