Monday, April 16, 2012

Do. Good Stitches February Blocks

Untitled

Even more catch up. I don't know why I'm so behind on bee blocks this year, but thankfully I'm almost caught up. Way back in February Kat asked us to make two blocks with a take on the stashbuster. She wanted 1" squares in the middle (4x4, 5x5, 6x6... you get it) and one to be sashed in white while the other should be sashed in another solid, preferably a bright color for a girl.

Untitled

Untitled

One of our other bee members, my good friend Natalie, recently announced some very exciting news, but that also meant bed rest and no sewing so I pitched in to make her two blocks as well.

Untitled

Untitled

I had some pre-cuts of Central Park lying around thanks to a swap partner and I thought they would make for a very cheery block. I also found some bright tangerine kona in my stash for the sashing.

Untitled

Untitled

These blocks are so simple and straightforward and easy. It's also a great way to use up your scraps. Everything looks good when you're working tiny. That's two 1" piece requests for February. I'm sensing a theme.

3 comments:

  1. Hollie;
    I am horrible... I received your beautiful Infinity cowl and am just now getting to email a thank you to you! It is beautiful, and love the colors,,, thank you sooo much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for catching up on your bee backlog, love the teeny squares

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you so much for helping me with these blocks!!!!

    ReplyDelete