Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Soul Crushing No More

IMG_4902

The Soul Crushing Table Runner is done. So sad. This project really grew on me, thanks, especially to all of your help, guidance and input along the way. In March the LAMQG announced that they were hosting a guild swap similar to the UHGS on Flickr. I thought it could be fun to actually hand over the booty and see a reaction in person so I signed up. I also thought that participating would be a great way to get more involved in the guild and start to meet more people.

IMG_4895

I was paired up with Missy. She said that she would love a table runner. She likes bright colors and linen. Also among her favorite designers are AHA and Amy Butler. I stopped by Sew Modern to get some fabric inspiration and was immediately drawn to the Soul Blossoms line. It seemed to fit her color and fabric likes. Then I got it home and started to pull out my coveted Innocent Crush stash. When the line was first introduced I bought up a bunch and have been waiting for just the right moment to dive into it. This project seemed like the right moment.

IMG_4878

Along the way I've shared with all of you some of my concerns with my fabric choices. I thought that the two lines went together hand in hand but I was nervous that they would be appropriate for Missy. The more I worked on this project, the more I fell in love with it and last night I gifted it to Missy.

IMG_4909 IMG_4889

I've never participated in an "in-person" swap and I will not lie, I was very nervous. Thankfully, Missy seems to be pleased with the end result which makes me very, very happy. I'm really glad that I decided to participate in this swap. Hopefully I've made steps forward to making some new friends in the guild. I'm already looking forward to my next meeting.

Fresh Poppy Design

I'm linking this project up with Fabric Tuesday over at Quilt Story. And stay tuned tomorrow because I'm going to be hosting a very special giveaway.

15 comments:

  1. Oh shoot I thought you made it for me... Just kidding :) Honestly I love it she is going to be so psyched.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It turned out beautifully! An in person swap sounds like fun! I'll have to nose around here and see if there are any close by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful runner! I love the combo with linen :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! I also think the linen was a great choice! It looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really gorgeous! The colors are perfect. I wandered over from Quiltstory :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hollie....that turned out great. The pieced back really adds to it too. Very nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your Rock Hollie! I absolutely love it! Once I get all my sewing stuff off my dining room table, I can't wait to show off the runner. All of the fabrics are perfect! Thank you again- Missy :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did a great job on this.... It's totally awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome!! Your partner is one lucky girl!

    Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really beautiful! Who wouldn't love it?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really beautiful!

    I can't imagine how nervous you must have been! I was nervous during the UHG swap and that was just by mail! Glad to hear the Missy like the fabulous runner (although how could she not?? It's fantastic!).

    ReplyDelete
  12. this was beautiful and one of my faves of the night! i was sitting right next to you and meant to meet you afterwards, but i had gotten up halfway through because my booty started hurting! :) next time...

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's really gorgeous - you did a fabulous job!! Whoop whoop!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amy Butler is looking nice in this table runner!!! Yippee for a job well done!

    ReplyDelete