Friday, March 22, 2013

QuiltCon Virtual Quilt Show: Denyse Schmidt

Welcome back to the last day of the QuiltCon Virtual Quilt Show. Yep, you heard me correctly. Next week things will get back to normal around here. There have been so many amazing quilts to share but I've saved the best for last. The second of the two Special Exhibits was a Denyse Schmidt Retrospective. It was amazing to see so many of her quilts all in one place and I just had to share it with all of you.

IMG_3942

IMG_3556
The Straight and Narrow #1
IMG_3558
Snake Charmer
IMG_3560
Pretty Square
fog
IMG_3562
What A Dish
black/white
IMG_3564
Couldn't Keep It To Myself
charcoal
IMG_3566
The Straight and Narrow #2
IMG_3568
Ruby Stripes
espresso, geranium, bone
IMG_3570
Roots
ginger
IMG_3572
Glass House Shelves
IMG_3574
The Straight and Narrow #3
IMG_3576
Courthouse Steps
IMG_3578
String Theory
red
IMG_3580
Hope as the Anchor of the Soul #4
Mount Lebanon Series
IMG_3582
Hope as the Anchor of the Soul #3
Mount Lebanon Series
IMG_3584
Hope as the Anchor of the Soul #2
Mount Lebanon Series
IMG_3586
Works
Special Edition
tangerine/poppy
IMG_3588
Outlaws
From the Denver Series
IMG_3935
4 Crosses
steel
IMG_3937
Single Girl
cherry red
Thanks for stopping by the Quilt Show. Hope you enjoyed it!

2 comments:

  1. I DID enjoy it. What a brave new world of quilting. I am falling in love with modern quilting and as the analogy goes, just wondering when to lean in for that first kiss... maybe today I'll make my first modern little quilt. I am a fiber artist who broke up with tradition and love the unusual. You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's funny, given her fabrics, I wasn't expecting quilts like this at all, but I love them!

    ReplyDelete