Surprisingly I was able to sneak in a few random moments with my machine late last week and I started playing around with an idea I have for my partner in the Scrappy Pincushion Swap happening over on Flickr. I was able to get two test panels done. Unfortunately I wasn't very happy with either of them. I didn't use a pattern for the first panel. This is pretty typical for me. When I see a design I like I usually try to figure it out on my own, like a puzzle. It started to come together alright but something seemed a little off. Then, I realized that I laid out backward. Ugh. That doesn't work.
I found a pattern when I attempted to make the second pattern. Which worked really well UNTIL I got to the last round. Something was very off with my triangles. Sigh. That's about all the time I had to work so I, frustratedly, put the project away. I did bring it out one time this weekend, but only to rip out the last row on the second panel. I'll get to fixing and finishing it later. This weekend my wonderful and amazing fiance will be out of town so I am looking forward to an entire weekend of pure, unadulterated sewing. My swap partners better look out!