Sunday, July 4, 2010

Fourth of July Surprises

I have been in San Francisco all week on a shoot. We were dark yesterday and today, obviously. My wonderful and amazing fiance was going to fly up to the city to celebrate the Fourth of July with me in the City but yesterday he had the brilliant idea that maybe I should come home instead since I won't have an opportunity to get home again for awhile. Thanks to Southwest Airlines I was home in no time. It was crazy and spontaneous. I literally walked into my hotel room, threw a bra and my computer into my set bag and hopped on the Bart as my wonderful and amazing fiance was purchasing a ticket for me.

So I am home for the holiday. I get to see my wonderful and amazing fiance, our dog Jack, our veggies in the garden AND the first blocks are back for Marc's Quilt! I thought I was going to have to wait to see these amazing blocks until the end of the month so it was a nice little treat, the cherry on top, if you will. Mary and Paula were quick little Bees and got me their blocks with incredible speed. Mary's blocks look just as good in person as they do in the photos she posted last week!

DSCF0010
Originally uploaded by scruffycat1970

DSCF0011
Originally uploaded by scruffycat1970

But that's not all! There are even more July Blocks on their way home! Graham and Amy posted pictures of their blocks on our Flickr group last night and they're looking great! I just had to share. I can't wait to see this quilt come together.

holly's blocks
Originally uploaded by gnittinknam

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for your comment on my blog!! I love these blocks, and I really like all the red and aqua blocks! They've all inspired me... if I ever get through my huge to-do list, maybe I'll try something similar :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowee zowee! Super cool blocks. I've never seen anything like that. Can't wait to see this come together.

    BTW, nice to meet you. I found your blog after you entered my giveaway. Keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete