Friday, February 6, 2015

I Miss Blogging


I miss blogging. It's been ages since I read any of the blogs I follow. My RSS Feed in my inbox is well over 3000 posts. And I miss writing my blog. I've been in a blog hibernation through my pregnancy and my boys' first year. But I have been sewing. And I've been sewing more and more lately. While I was pregnant I made stuff for the nursery, until I was too big and tired to sit in front of my machine. And then I started focusing on my Marathon Quilt, because hand piecing was easier. And up until I delivered I continued to attend LAMQG Meetings and serve as the Secretary for the board, so although I didn't have much to show, I was still around quilting. 




After the boys were born, things slowed down, of course. I March I stepped down my position as Secretary of the LAMQG. And I continued work on my Marathon Quilt, albeit slow, but I had two newborns so it's normal. Yet, for quilt a while now, I have been sewing. The boys usually take a good nap in the afternoon, so several times a week I find myself with a little time to escape into my studio and sew. I have been sewing. And I have finishes. I just haven't been blogging. And I miss it! I miss writing and I miss reading about other's journeys. I miss connecting with other creative people through blog posts and comments. I miss the creative inspiration.



I spend a lot of time posting on Instagram. But I have been missing my blog for a while now and I think, especially with QuiltCon coming up, it's really been making me homesick for my blog. I'll start by playing some catch up, and slowly, I hope to get back to visiting this space a lot more. And, when in doubt, you can always find me on Instagram. And at QuiltCon. Yep, I'm going (sans kids!!), are you? Let me know so we can connect!

4 comments:

  1. We've missed you too, Hollie - but those two cuties are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes life just takes over, eh...lol. Congrats on your boys, a real blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh your boys are just too adorable! I recently found you on IG and was excited to see you are still sewing! I think a lot of us have been neglecting the blogs lately. IG is just so easy. Have a wonderful time at Quiltcon, wish I was going! It would be fun to meet up with everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally get it. I have 4 kids and the last 2 years have been insanely busy. I rarely blog anymore. I am not sure if I miss it though. :)
    I just followed you on Instagram.

    ReplyDelete