Wednesday, March 3, 2010

More Machine Woes

My wonderful and amazing fiancé picked up my machine while I was in Las Vegas this weekend celebrating at my best friend’s bachelorette party. It was a sweet little surprise when I arrived home on Sunday. I wasn’t able to sit down and work on Yasmine’s quilt until last night when, much to my chagrin, I discovered that although the walking foot is now feeding properly, there is a new problem. I’m breaking needles! I can’t figure this one out. Ugh! I have broken four quilting needles in about a 20 minute time span. The screw that holds the needle in place won’t tighten properly. I tighten it and have to keep re-tightening it every few stitches. To make matters worse, I can only sew at a snail’s pace because as soon as I put the pedal to the metal (or the hardwood floor as the case may be) the needle immediately comes loose and breaks. I tried going slow and steady but even then I still broke needles. I am at my wits end!

IMG_7691
April's Fabrics for her Sewn Together Bee Blocks

But on the bright side I have been getting a lot of new fabric in that I’ve been ordering online, including some awesome Jay McCarroll Woodland Creatures line. And I got fabric for my first block in the Sewn Together Bee! April sent out some great fabrics including some cordoury that I can’t wait to start working. Her design this month is a Wonky Log Cabin. Since I’m new to quilting this will be my first foray into the Log Cabin Block but I can’t wait to get started! Sadly, these fabrics were from her clothing company that she had to close last month so we’re helping her make a memory quilt. I’m honored to help her with this project and I can’t wait to get to work and see where my inspiration takes me.

Awesome Jay McCarroll Fabrics

1 comment:

  1. i have the green deer fabric, but i'm too in love with it to cut it for anything! i've had it for about a year now, i guess, along with several of the companion pieces, and i've only cut a tiny bit of two of the other pieces to make a small zipper pouch.

    ReplyDelete