Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Ripping Stitches for Relaxation

Sigh. It’s been an incredibly stressful week at work. Wait. I take that back. It’s been an incredibly stressful month at work. My wonderful and amazing fiancé went to Las Vegas on Sunday night for a conference so I was looking forward to a little R&R (Rest & Re-craft-ation) while he was out of town. It never works out the way you want it to, does it? Monday night I didn’t end up leaving the office until after 12:30 AM so, of course, I went straight to bed when I got home. Then last night, after an even worse day at work, I at least got home before 9 pm. My machine is still in the shop because I haven’t been able to pick it up so I have the very relaxing pleasure of ripping stitches out of Yasmine’s quilt. I mean, really, is there anything more relaxing than ripping out stitches. Tight little stitches that want to hold on for dear life because the tension was off and my machine wasn’t cooperating with my new walking foot. Arugh! That’s how I like to unwind. At least I could watch the Olympics while I was working on it. I’ve almost got ‘em all out… almost. And wonderful and amazing fiancé is back from his trip so he’s going to pick up my machine for me tomorrow. He’s so great. I can’t wait until I can start sewing my stress away again. You know what, I'm gonna share a couple pictures from my recent trip to Australia that puts me in a happy place...

"Tide Flowing Out at Four Mile Beach" Port Douglas, Queensland, Australia

"Happy Hour Prawns" Port Douglas, Queensland, Australia

No comments:

Post a Comment